My New CLX-450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan The Man

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got my new DUI CLX-450 drysuit!

CLX-450 Stock size Large
Zip-Seals
Balanced P-Valve
Old Style High-Volume Dump Valve
"Sport" Pack :
---CF-200 Knee Pads
---Velcro Bellows Pocket w/ D-Ring
---Warm Neck Hood

Underwear is 300 gram Polartec (grey fuzzy pajamas) and Thinsulate booties.

I picked it up on Friday and made 3 dives with it over the weekend. I was perfectly dry and very comfortable (even with water temp of 55 degrees).

I went to the DUI demo days in San Diego and made 4 dives in 4 different suits (TLS-350, CLX-450, FLX-5050, and CF-200) and I liked the CLX-450 the best (Not as heavy as the FLX or CF, but it seems tougher than the CLS). I never realized how cold I was in my wetsuit until I tried a drysuit. Then I saw what I was missing and ordered one as soon as they released the Zip-Seals after DEMA.

I like the Zip-Seals as they will allow me to replace a torn seal in just a few minutes, so no problem even if I tear one on a boat or something. It will also be nice to have dry gloves without a bulky hard plastic ring around my wrist.

I think my next addition will be a set of Zip-Gloves so that I can have nice warm hands (and look like a smurf too).

It is so nice to be dry! I don't think I'll ever dive wet again unless the water is at least 80 degrees. :)

--Dan

Dan The Man once bubbled...
I just got my new DUI CLX-450 drysuit!......
.........It is so nice to be dry! I don't think I'll ever dive wet again unless the water is at least 80 degrees. :)

--Dan

I can relate to that!!!
Since I got my CLX-50-50 I've dived wet in Florida and the Bahamas, all my dives at home have been dry!!

Enjoy!

My first dry suit was a cheap one from another company. I liked it and dove it whenever the water was too cold for neoprene. (60F)

Then I bought a DUI CLX-450! Now I dive dry whenever the water is cool enough to dive dry with cycling tights only as undergarments. (75F)

DUI rules!

Enjoy your suit, dude.

theskull

I'm thinking about getting a DUI Drysuit as well... especially after reading all your posts! I mainly dive in Monterey, CA usually around 54 degrees. Wich one do you recomend?

By the way how long does it take to get a custom size?

Wich one do you recomend?
The TLS and the CLX are nice because they are light weight and quick drying.
I opted for the CLX because it is a tougher material and I don't want to risk tearing my drysuit on wreck penetrations and such.
Quick drying is also important to me so that I can do a night dive after work and have it all dry and ready to pack up the next morning before work and then another night dive after.

The FLX and CF series are also very nice. The crushed neoprene material is extremely durable but it is also very heavy and takes a long time to dry.

By the way how long does it take to get a custom size?
It will probably take between 6 and 8 weeks. Mine is a stock size, but it had to be custom made because they did not have any with Zip-Seals in stock. Also the pockets, knee pads, pee valve, and different dump valve were custom options. Lead time for my suit was exactly 8 weeks.

--Dan

Back
Top Bottom