My new backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have recommended, check your D-Ring placement.
Review the ISE video posted above for reference.

I have the Halcyon Eclipse that comes standard with the padding. I can wear the BP/W with nothing underneath and it is still very comfortable.

I went through a few backplates before i found the one that fit my body best. No, not all backplates are exactly the same. Some angles are more sharp, others more flat. When i tried the apeks one, it too hit the bottom of my back sharply. My current bp and favorite, is the Hollis.

I feel it more today then yesterday. It’s at the very bottom of my spine. I’m thinking it might be because it was too low. It’s a muscle pain.
How are you positioning your body, are you tightening your back muscles trying to hold that perfect skydiver position with your feet and head up with your back constantly flexed like a newt? That plus the straight hard edge of the bottom of the plate and the plate maybe being too low will cause everything you’re describing.

How are you positioning your body, are you tightening your back muscles trying to hold that perfect skydiver position with your feet and head up with your back constantly flexed like a newt? That plus the straight hard edge of the bottom of the plate and the plate maybe being too low will cause everything you’re describing.
I pointed out trim earlier, the tangent seem to be on the hardware, of course the only reasonable hardware change is to a freedom plate.

I pointed out trim earlier, the tangent seem to be on the hardware, of course the only reasonable hardware change is to a freedom plate.

Oh, I dunno... one may need to change to a large freedom plate from a regular one. Or the other way around.

So after a few dives I figured out what it was, my shoulder straps were too tight & it was forcing me to arch my back. I did some adjustments and it felt a lot better. I also decided to relax a bit more and let the BP do the work in regards to leveling out my body at depth & now its feeling fine, no complaints :)..

I'm very much loving my back plate, currently through trial and error I'm just trying to figure out which holes to mount the wing on, its safe to assume its probably just preference so the journey will continue on setting up my BP set up :)

Overly tight shoulder straps is a common beginner problem. Glad it's feeling better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom