My nemo wide wrist computer flooded last night! warranty.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought my nemo wide in november of 2009, since i have around 80 dives on it. Computer was working great during this particular dive, a night dive. Reached for the backlight and got nothing, shined my light and saw fishies swimming inside of it :depressed: I cannot find my warranty card in my box is there a way to obtain one? There are no major signs on the computer of any abuse so this should be covered under warranty. Any help would be great before my 2 year period is up. Also it was purchased through leisure pro, have not contacted them because of the weekend.

Thanks,
DEREK

I bought my nemo wide in november of 2009, since i have around 80 dives on it. Computer was working great during this particular dive, a night dive. Reached for the backlight and got nothing, shined my light and saw fishies swimming inside of it :depressed: I cannot find my warranty card in my box is there a way to obtain one? There are no major signs on the computer of any abuse so this should be covered under warranty. Any help would be great before my 2 year period is up. Also it was purchased through leisure pro, have not contacted them because of the weekend.

Thanks,
DEREK

Hi Derek,

You should be ok, but you will want to contact Leisure Pro and I would think they would send it in to get fixed or cross ship you one. I'm not sure how they go about doing their warranties. Without the warranty card/being registered I think the other mares dealers are not going to be able to help. (just guessing on this one)

That's going to be a coin-toss.

You couldn't find the warranty card because it probably has no manufacturer's warranty. LP sells everything with a "Leisurepro Warranty"

OTOH, depending on the cause of the flood, it may not be covered under anybody's warranty. For example, if you changed the battery and it flooded through the battery opening, you might have a problem.

Leisure Pro is autorised Mares dealer and service center. I know that because I do my warranty service on my Mares regs over there( I bought them somewhere else).I got from them my Mares Icon HD and it has full manufactures warranty so I don't know why people write that Leisure Pro is selling stuff with no warranty service.
However if you bought comp. from them even if you don't have warranty card you shouldn't worry, they would have you in their system and everything should be fine( know that from my own experience when i lost reciept for my Mares dragon AT BCD and needed repair service).

You should contact LP. You will need a receipt of purchase for proof of purchase date. Computers have a 2 yr warranty against manufacture defect. Just to be clear warranty will not cover, diver use or diver accidental abuse. Once you send it to LP they will send to us to determine cause of problem and we will repair or replace. Again this all depends on the root cause of the problem. Hurry though your warranty is near expiring.

Zak

Back
Top Bottom