My latest earthquake, about 5 minutes ago.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im surprised it was only a 4.2?! It felt much stronger..definitely got my attention!
I do live very close to the epicenter though.
It wasnt a roller..felt two strong jolts with a little rumbleing in between.

sccaleb:
What are these earthquakes you speak of? We haven't had one in South Carolina in about 300 years. Glad to know you're okay... just remember, if the water at the beach goes WAY out all of the sudden... run.

Caleb

More like 100 or so years ago.

I think the 7.0ish earthquake that devastated Charleston in 1886 was one of the worst ever in the eastern US. That fault is still there, and the odds are narrowing every day :11:

Just something to brighten your day!

OHGoDive:
More like 100 or so years ago.

I think the 7.0ish earthquake that devastated Charleston in 1886 was one of the worst ever in the eastern US. That fault is still there, and the odds are narrowing every day :11:

Just something to brighten your day!

True. I was thinking for some reason that the Charleston earthquake was pre-Civil War, however, after reading about it today, I realized it was in 1886 and post-Civil War. So much for that history education degree I'm almost done with, huh? And to think, I will be teaching your kids history one day when I get out of law enforcement. :shakehead

Sorry for the discrepancy.

Caleb

almitywife:
earthquake, tornado, snow, ice.... you guys always say funny words i dont understand

We'll gladly keep our natural disasters if you keep your nasty critters, in particular the drop bears and the Killer Kangaroux :D

Back
Top Bottom