My June-July trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THE Hammerhead:
Nice report, Gilligan! I never seem to have the time (or energy) to do all the work involved, but I appreciate it when someone else does :).

One observation though, you don't seem to have mentioned Cabilao, which both Diver Dennis and Pakman rated very highly for the underwater photography. Any reason? Just curious, but it's a place I'll be heading to soon, and almost exclusively as a result of seeing their photographs...

BTW, love the bottle of rum dead-centre in your "battery charging centre" - I like a man with the right priorities.

Thanks again!

I did not visit Cabilao so I can't render an opinion on it.

The rum bottle was full when I left :)

Thanks Gilligan for your report, and your personal opinnion is also very interesting.

In less than two weeks I will be in many of the places you talk about.
I will try to write my experiencies in Phillipines also in September

chromi:
Thanks Gilligan for your report, and your personal opinnion is also very interesting.

In less than two weeks I will be in meny of the places yo talk about.
I will try to write my experiencies in Phillipines also in September

welcome to the PI then! enjoy your stay bud! :wink:

Thanks, Jonix. I guess I will enjoy.

You will have news from me when I come back, and thanks to all the people here in scubaboard.com that helped me with my itinerary, choosing resorts, ect.:wink:

cheers:D

Gilligan, thanks for sharing your report and pics.

Jim, wonderful trip report, very professionally done!

I hope to dive there, someday soon, and your report will likely come in quite handy.

Hi Gilligan,

My husband and I dove with you a couple times in Alona Beach earlier this year. Really nice trip report - we are trying to decide if we should go back to the Philippines in October so your report is very helpful! We actually did a day trip out to Calibao while we were at ALona Beach and really enjoyed it - the ride there and back wasn't so great but the diving was really nice. Overall Balicasag seemed to have more fish but looking at some of the pics from Diver Dennis and PakMan, I think we overlooked some fantastic micro opportunities. Also heard the unpleasant "boom" of dynamite fishing while in Cabilao - veeeerrrry unsettling at 25m. :scared:

Looking forward to browsing your websites and hope to see some of your underwater shots.
Hope life is Hawaii is treating you well and maybe we'll cross paths again in the Philippines!

Cheers,
Christine (and Jeff)
Beijing, China

tazzmeyer:
Hi Gilligan,

My husband and I dove with you a couple times in Alona Beach earlier this year. Really nice trip report - we are trying to decide if we should go back to the Philippines in October so your report is very helpful! We actually did a day trip out to Calibao while we were at ALona Beach and really enjoyed it - the ride there and back wasn't so great but the diving was really nice. Overall Balicasag seemed to have more fish but looking at some of the pics from Diver Dennis and PakMan, I think we overlooked some fantastic micro opportunities. Also heard the unpleasant "boom" of dynamite fishing while in Cabilao - veeeerrrry unsettling at 25m. :scared:

Looking forward to browsing your websites and hope to see some of your underwater shots.
Hope life is Hawaii is treating you well and maybe we'll cross paths again in the Philippines!

Cheers,
Christine (and Jeff)
Beijing, China

Boooooooom Yikes

I didn't experience that at any of the locations I went to.

Small planet this earth has become. Your from China, I'm from Hawaii, we are diving together in the Philippines, and here we are again.

I'll get to Anilao but only if I get to do it with the locals. I just didn't like the vibes I got when I rolled in there by myself. It was too isolated fror me and too spread out.

Sabang is my favorite. I think you would like it there. Very convenient place. Also something about Alona Beach that makes me feel very comfortable there. It's my second favorite. Been there twice and dove with Philippine Islands Divers both times. Great outfit, laid back, no mandatory dive time limits, very easy going folks from the secretary to the boat crew to the guides.

THE Hammerhead:
Nah, seriously it's all on hold until September when I decide what I'm doing work-wise. I am nipping down to PG in September as there's an animals gathering, but trust me, you don't want to experience that :shakehead:
Thanks for the warning Larry! Funny enough you and the Animals came up in conversation with Sam in the Point last weekend...something about a very infamous night which I won't get into here:wink:

By the way, you, Pak and me (and anyone else in HKG) still have to catch up for a beer.

Drew

Gilligan:
I'll get to Anilao but only if I get to do it with the locals. I just didn't like the vibes I got when I rolled in there by myself. It was too isolated fror me and too spread out.

just holler if your visiting. :wink:

hey drew, welcome back...again hehehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom