My hat's off to you Texans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
I just came back from Texas. I went from Houston to Beaumont via HWY 1960 (?) and some other non expressway. I saw swamp, forest...beautiful country. I thought of quail hunting, rabbit hunting, the smell of a fresh plowed field, the accent of those sweet southern gals....but not ONCE did diving EVER cross my mind. It then occured to me after coming back here. You all must be a didicated, hard core bunch up there. Congrats on a great attitude and happy diving to you all. Hank

Thanks Hank,

You did see some nice country in that area. It is some very unique land with rare plants and a nice population of game animals.

I must admit, those of us who can tolerate them, we do like out mud holes. It isn't anything like diving Belize, but the diving that we do makes us appreciate areas like yours even more.

Thanks,

TwoBit

Most of our diving spots are in central or north Texas, not down on the upper coast. We have some decent lakes for diving, and a few oddball rivers that are clear and not too cold in the summer. If you take a boat hop several miles offshore in the summer months, the oil rig and hard bank diving is to die for. The Flower Gardens Banks are globally ranked as a top dive spot.

The bad thing about Texas is, most of our diving spots are spread out all over the place. Lots of driving distance between them.

Thanks,,,we do like our state!

archman:
The bad thing about Texas is, most of our diving spots are spread out all over the place. Lots of driving distance between them.

I couldn't have said it better myself.... :frown:

archman:

That's true about everything in Texas not just diving spots. :wink:

TwoBit

Well, since a 4-year old thread was re-introduced, I thought I'd dredge up this 1.5 yr old one, too. Pretty cool thread, much more pleasant than the other one. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom