My go pro set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mermaid0sea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
uploadfromtaptalk1431878179849.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

So how is that attached exactly? Is it a GoPro headband, or is it attached to the top of your mask? I'm thinking of getting one and looking for the best solution when I dive.

So how is that attached exactly? Is it a GoPro headband, or is it attached to the top of your mask? I'm thinking of getting one and looking for the best solution when I dive.

If you go with a Go Pro head strap, please buy one with a chin strap. We have heard of so many lost Go Pro's without a chin strap.

We offer a chin strap on our head mount and MANY other mounting options and accessories.. as well as the cameras, lights, filters, mounting tray systems, etc.

GoPro Cameras / Speargun Camera Brackets

MCSHBC-2.jpg

So I've never owned a GoPro. It is easy to turn on and off while on your head underwater? Can you take single snapshots off the video? I see there is a mirror apparently you sell also to see whether it is on. I didn't see that. And does the strap go on first and your mask strap over that, or vice versa? And I assume it works with all models of GoPro? Sorry for all the questions. : )

Mine attaches directly to my mask.

---------- Post added May 26th, 2015 at 11:00 PM ----------

I just make sure itis on amd then put on my mask.

Mine attaches directly to my mask.

---------- Post added May 26th, 2015 at 11:00 PM ----------

I just make sure itis on amd then put on my mask.

Two questons:

1. HOW does it attach directly to the mask? What are you using?

2. What is amd?

So I've never owned a GoPro. It is easy to turn on and off while on your head underwater? Can you take single snapshots off the video? I see there is a mirror apparently you sell also to see whether it is on. I didn't see that. And does the strap go on first and your mask strap over that, or vice versa? And I assume it works with all models of GoPro? Sorry for all the questions. : )

the strap can go over the mask strap or under it. you have to decide what is more comfortable. It is easy to turn on and off while on your head, but you need to learn the touch/feel of the buttons. Yes we do carry a hand mirror so you can see the red light is filming or not. Yes it works with all go pro models and yes we also sell a mask which allows direct attachment of the Go pro to the mask.

You can capture a single frame from the video and there are other settings which allow video and still to be capture simulataneously (at least in the hero 4 you can).

My mask has a little slit in the skirt and amd wasy lousy typing sorry. :) I then got a sub gear go pro mount that zip ties to the mask. The. I used the little go pro screw that came with my go pro. I think you can get some that better for salt water but i haven't gotten one yet. I am going to check out that mirror. I use mine mostly for shark tooth hunting for when i pick up the "big tooth!"

---------- Post added May 26th, 2015 at 11:59 PM ----------

Also i have hero 4 but i put it in video mode. I did try the multi burst and single shot but mostly only use it in video narrow mode to cut down on the fiah eye effect but i haven't had it long

Back
Top Bottom