My First Tattoo idea........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I been thinking about getting a tattoo at the age of 41. I been wanting one for a while, and having been thinking this through for the past several months, as I want to make the right choices as it's permanent.

I was thinking of a tat on my back maybe, going through my life.......

Scuba diving/ Motorcycles have been a part of my life I really enjoy, so I was thinking of something as I went through my years of life, which will include the both of them

I came up with an idea :

Curvy road along a hill top, with me on the edge of the road riding all the mountain top on my motorcycle, ( this is the first part ) over looking the ocean.
Next I was thinking of the " Rider , which is me " looking out over the ocean, and the
ocean would turn into " 3D " meaning, I was thinking of a pirate ship with skulls as clouds behind the ship, and then the ocean would go into " 3-D " and below would be a sunken ship, with jewels around it and coins, and a diver would be diving the broken ship wreck in half, and the diver would be me also picking up a coin, as I have a coin from the Attach around my neck. I could also add to it later on, putting a shark, maybe a sea turtle, and I could keep adding into my shoulders and arms if I wanted.

I wanted something where it would symbol my life in stages, and something where I could continue adding to, If I wanted.

So while my sister is drawing this up for me, and were emailing back and forth the past several months to come up with a final drawing to bring into the tattoo artist, any ideas would be great.

I also live in Florida, about 3 hours from Miami, so I was thinking about going to
" Miami Ink " , all though this may get expensive, so I was thinking of adding onto it in parts, and maybe taking through the winter to do this, so it doesn't interfere with diving :)

Hey FLTEKDIVER:

That sound like a pretty cool tattoo. And as you said, it is permanent (but there is medical science that can make them less permanent). Your tattoo sounds unique and that is better than going into some shop and finding the summary of your being hanging on the wall with all the other tattoos.

I have a bunch of tattoos, some a representation of a truly misguided and hateful youth but they remind me where I have been. I am not the person I was yesteryear and I have grown up a bunch too. Do I regret my tattoo's? No but I would like to get rid of them someday.

Good luck and maybe we'll see you on television if you hit Miami Ink. If not, post the progress here if you don't mind.

With kindest regards,
Thomas

Thanks, I appreciate the input

I hear ya on the removal part of it as well. Thats part of the reason I haven't gotten one yet.

I wanted something different, and to have a meaning to it, kinda like a story.

It will probabley be winter time when I start it, as I don't want to loose any diving right now over it

I'll post pics as I start and progress :)

I advise against getting a tattoo. Easier to buy a picture of what you want. Something very odd about seeing old folks with tattoos. Something to think about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom