My First S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the S95, never handled an S90, but I know the S95 lets you save in both RAW + JPEG for the same photo. Why not use that? Does it take significantly longer?
I'm new to the S95, but have taken many photos underwater using Olympus & Fuji cameras. Just learning my S95 now.

Takes up too much space and you may alter the photo when you process the RAW file. Then you have to dump the JPEG the camera took . Why bother?

Just shoot the RAW. It shows a thumbnail in the monitor after the shot and in the playback mode. Keep the JPEG of a size/quality of your choosing when you do the conversion after processing on your computer.

You can always look at the RAW thumbnails on your computer in the Canon DPP or some other RAW thumbnail viewer of you choosing if you don't have a need to keep a JPEG of every shot you keep.

I guess it all boils down to space. I keep a web size JPEG of my RAW keepers. I almost never make prints. If I needed a better than web quality copy I would just open the RAW file and make a new conversion of the size I wanted.

I will definitely be shooting RAW. Flash memory is cheap. I have more SD cards lying around from conferences and giveaways that I have pennies in my piggy bank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom