My first photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plotek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did some photos with my xz-1.
I want to share with You and ask for advice, what is wrong, what can be better?

shadow.JPG

rocks.JPG

mussel2.jpg

gear11.jpg

gear5.jpg

engine1.JPG

diver12.jpg

bigwheels.JPG

Very nice! I like the lone shell - so simple.

composition on the last one good. the one with the gears is good, too. most of the others have too much artificial light (at least from the wrong angles) for me

What he means by, "wrong angles" is that you are shooting down on some of your subjects. You should try to get eye level or below whenever you can.
That and the angle of the light doesn't look right in some (e.g the first one...the shadow overpowers the actual fish). The angle of light doesn't make it look natural to me.

ok, thx

sometimes if the object is just over the bottom, it is difficult to take a look on monitor, in that cease are you using some mirror to look on the camera from the top, or you can just take a shot with wide angle and check composition later?

If these are your first pics underwater you are a FAST learner! Keep at it !!

This was exactly what I was thinking. Are they perfect? Nope but dayum they are good for a first outing. Keep at it and now you have to travel to the really nice subjects :D

Thanks for nice opinion :)
I am amateur photographer on land, and I take only a underwater photography course on this website
Guide to Underwater Photography
For me it was very useful.
To made this few photos i spend two dives (around 2h). It was first time with my camera, and i take much more photos but I do not want to share with them, I think this is one of the rules which i read somewhere there :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom