My first liveaboard - Black Manta or Queen Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arizona - Is that trip on black manta from March 28-April 1 a private trip. I noticed on the black manta schedule that their last similan trip of the year is from March 24-28. I was planning on doing a liveaboard the last week of march but haven't decided on a boat yet.

Sorry for hijacking the OP thread !

I've just booked the Colona VI 4/4!
Many thanks for all of your helpful comments. I'm so excited!

Another thing I'm contemplating is the overnight trip to Koh Phi Phi...worth it or no?
Also, ais there ny way to go to the southern islands other than liveaboard (since Colona 6/6 and Mermaid II cruises have no avail for those dates)?

You're going to have a great time! I've worked a number of times with the tour leader of Colona VI in the past (a tour leader is the dive staff leader on the boat), and he's a very nice guy!

The Phi Phi overnight trip is fun, but since you're coming off a liveaboard a daytrip might be just as good. You don't get a whole lot of time on the island with the overnight trip, if that is part of the attraction.

I guess you're interested in getting down to Hin Daeng and other dive sites in that area? From Phuket it's a very long way. There is a daytrip boat that goes when there's enough demand, and a boat that does occasional 2d/1n trips, but you have to be lucky to get it to fit in with your schedule.

Arizona - Is that trip on black manta from March 28-April 1 a private trip. I noticed on the black manta schedule that their last similan trip of the year is from March 24-28. I was planning on doing a liveaboard the last week of march but haven't decided on a boat yet.

Sorry for hijacking the OP thread !

I don't know what schedule you're looking at, limirl, but the one I have in front of me from the op shows a trip from March 28-April 1, and the latest update shows plenty of availability, too!

@Limirl, if you want to join my group PM. I can give you our group booking info.and advise on logistics.It was me through my booking agent that got an extra trip added on the schedule. You are most likely looking at schedule pre-Sept. I like the Manta and do a trip annually but need to go during my school break. I organize a trip for divemates and former scuba students. Rough being a teacher :) Others in my group should be booking soon with one buddy coming from NY.

Back
Top Bottom