My first "Emergency"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, Riger, for sharing your story with this forum. Personally, I am not a fan of the Air2 or the AirSource, although I recognize that some people like them. Reasonable people can disagree on that issue. You handled yourself well and it was a good thing that your buddy was nearby.

Reposted for those of you with an Air2 ...
I have the air2 and carry a special quick disconnect fitting to adapt a regular BC inflator hose to an air2 if my reg craps out and I have to use a rental reg on my BC ... to go the other way and use a rental BC, just remove the large air2 fitting from the end of your regs BC hose and install a regular size quick disconnect

THe Air 2 inflator fitting screws onto a standard LP regulator hose in the exact same manner that an octopus would screw onto the identical hose (although the octo hose would be longer).

You would have had the exact same air loss if a standard octopus unsrewed and fell off the hose. This particular failure does not seem to be a logical reason to switch gear configurations (i.e., ditch the Air 2), but you might want to pick a new regulator tech.

Reposted for those of you with an Air2 ...

The Air-2 quick disconnect isn't bigger because SCUBAPro just wants to be different, it's because when used as a regulator, the Air-2 can require a higher flow rate than a drysuit/inflator hose can deliver.

The Air-2 hose and fittings have a larger internal diameter and higher flow-rate than a standard drysuit/inflator hose.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom