My first efforts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee,
Here is the deal on the boat:

five nights on the boat and three in a hotel (two before one after) was $3200.

That was for four of us = $800 each but the boat has beds for six so that can come down a lot. You can cook all your own food and save on restaurants. you don't need a car.

Airfares: frequent flier to Puerto Rico - $195 from there.

There is tank and weight rental on top but I bet this is not much more than a typical cattle boat package and you get to dive where you like - when you like.

I'm hooked - better keep the job.

That's a nice deal! Did you have to hire a capt. and crew or did they come with the boat?

Where was this again? :D

Janaki and I had a boat in Oz and the othe couple are serious sailors so we did our own thing.

I am planning to do my yachtmaster this year.

Having to get a crew would change the dynamics - guess I could be persuaded....

3376836%3B23232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3238%3E3%3C9%3E446%3Ewsnrcg%3D323248%3A6%3C9576nu0mrj

It was the British Virgin Islands.

I wonder if experience driving a bass boat would count?!?!

:rolleyes:

What a great way to spend a week!

Cool Pictures!

I like the clearity and color alot, did yo have to adjust the blue out at all. What depth were theses taken in general?

Also what sites did you like the best in the BVI minus the Dogs as they are too far from where we stay down there. I personally love Angel fish reef if you havent checked it out it is a must.

Really cool mazes of giant boulders and shallow enough to make a long dive 55'.

:)

if I had a boat like that, I'd live off the sea. :)

Just looked back at this thread and realized I did not answer your question. Sorry about that.

I adjusted the blue using auto-levels in PhotoShop. I'm pretty sure this is also in PS Elements. It was amazing how it cracked it first time nearly every time.

I did a little backscatter removal on a couple but the vis was generally so good that it did not need it and you need to be careful with that because it degrades the sharpness of the image a little if overdone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom