My first computer; Suunto D4i - tips and tricks, or warnings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinetwo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

It was between the zoop and the d4i, but zoop used was hardly worth it. So I got the D4i for approx 50% of the new price.

I was wondering if someone had a link or a list of tips and tricks/warnings for D4i users? If no link really exists then I may just create a blog post with the most popular points and hopefully that'll save someone from going through the same search.

I know a lot of things can be learnt with experience, but I'd like to know about anything useful prior to my first dives with this computer.

Things like:
  • What to look out for when replacing battery (or should I go to a service center)?
  • How data is extracted, if there's anyone out there that modifies their data upon export or just do it via the software supplied?
  • Have you ever dealt with Suunto warranty?
  • Do you have any tips or settings on how to preserve battery?
  • Is there a way to reliably keep the battery healthy, if you only use the watch for 3 major holidays a year?
  • Aaaand anything else you can think of :)

Thanks!
sinetwo :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom