My first attempt with the Oly 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compression and ease of posting imbedded images is the main reason I host my photos online so I don't have to worry about resizing my photos just for this type of attachments. You probably know by now I'm not a real technical type of person. wink None of us expect the photos posted in these boards to be magazine quality because of the compressions required for in the attachments. To me there's just minute differences in the photos you posted, not enough to worry about. So when I use it, I'll choose no bigger than 800x600 pixels, and no smaller than 640x400 and the highest quality compression I can get to get it just barely under the 200MB limit.

Dee:
... and the highest quality compression I can get to get it just barely under the 200MB limit.

Yikes! I assume you meant 200kB. Thanks for the pointers. I have started an online album at
Grove Street, but there is always the odd photo I would like to post (no direct image linking allowed by the hosting company).

I agree that the image quality doesn't really differ *that* much. Good enough for viewing on the Web, anyway.

Thanks a million for the help.

Cheers,

Andrew

***End Hijacking***

TedJ:
Nice. If you're thinking of becoming a dentist these would be good ones to start on. Care to share your settings?
Thanks
TedJ
The settings were just on auto with ISO set at 100.
This was my first attempt with camera and housing, I will use the manual settings on my next few dives as I become more familiar with it.

fergy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom