My favourite Wolf eel shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The white things in its mouth are lingcod eggs. That photo is apparently the first conclusive evidence of wolfies eating lingcod eggs, although scientist had suspected that behavior for some time.

Re: making the background go black - use a fast shutter speed and small aperature which blocks out the ambient light so that only the things lit by the flash/strobe are captured.

Well if you can I can.
This one was taken at around 10 meters depth and the weight is around 10kg, apparent from the drawings around the eyes.
Haven't done anything to the submitted pic, though I messed around with PS and got more colours on the original at home.

exportImage.asp

Kyrre
Harstad, Norway

Norseman once bubbled...
Well if you can I can.
Kyrre
Harstad, Norway

Apparently I can't... something about my picture not getting up there...
I'm no html'er so I'll leave it at that. First time it happened using Hyperphoto. Sigh.

Kyrre

Wow to all, great pics, thanks!!

Cool Pix!! Wish I had seen them when I was diving in Puget Sound....on to warmer water now...and only dive skin. Now, can I convince myself to dive in washington to see them...or just enjoy your pix??? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom