My favourite Wolf eel shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outstanding pics, thanks for sharing. :) Love those Wolf Eels!

Thanks, I'm trying.

Dee you mentioned in a post not tool long ago about the zoom on a 4040. Something about touching the zoom button 4 times and it lets you super zoom or something? What was that again? Hmm.. I found what you said under tip and techniques and in retrospect I should have looked there first but my bad.. I still don't get it. Mine does not want to do it...grrr. :-(

Cheers,

Andrew.:

A Wolf Eel from Sunrise Beach in Tacoma Washington.

Shot with a Canon S40, WP-300, and no external stobe.

Andrew...finding the sweet spot does take a little practice. Zoom all the way in, pulling the lever towards you. Find your subject anf focus on it. Gently bump it out away from you 3-4 times at the same time getting it closer to your subject. You'll be able to get the camera about 4" away rather than 8".

Practice!

Ah, one of my favorite subjects....

Here's a couple of my faves (with apologies for the sizes - more can be seen at www.pugetsounddiving.com ):

wolfie.jpg

wolfbite.jpg

yawn2.jpg

wolfieplay2.jpg

coolwolfie2detail.jpg

Ya'll keep this up and I won't need to go find any on my own!

I am sure this question has been asked many a time, but how do you get to post the photo straight in like that?

You can use the "IMG" button when making a post, or you can do this:

[ IMG ]http://linktoyourpicture.com/picture.jpg[ /IMG ]

but take the spaces out between the brackets and the IMG and /IMG tags.

HTH.

-d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom