My Dry Dives and Other Adventures with DCS, PFO and Migraine with Aura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you're feeling well and back to working out. See you in Jupiter next Saturday (though you'll be a bubble watcher)!

Doug

That is just plain rotten Doug! :tongue:

BB - this is a most excellent and comprehensive report - well done. I think I will refer people to it from time to time.

You are the second person I've known debersol to fix. The other is a good friend of mine who went through much the same as you write about. I am very glad you were persistent in getting the test you knew you needed.

Again - excellent report!

Thanks for giving an honest, personal story and not some picture perfect "as soon as I felt a tingle I was in a chamber" report. I'm glad to hear everything has gone well for you. Please keep us posted with the updates! :D

Excellent report! Many thanks for posting this and I'm glad to hear everything is well now.

Belmont:

Secundum ASDs (a true hole in the heart instead of a PFO) is often associated with an incomplete right bundle branch block. However, a right bundle branch block can be caused by a whole multitude of things and often is simply an incidental finding.

Doug

This report of yours is wonderful. It allows a person to read your experience and reflect on what may have occurred to them. Keep us posted on the road to getting wet.

Just a brief update: I'm at the one month point and still feeling great overall. My recent check-up showed all is well, so hopefully I'm well on track to being back in the water in just two more months. :dance:

Well, it's not quite 3 months but ... Got a clean bill of health this past Tuesday after my echocardiogram, and since I was in Florida for a conference this week I was able to take advantage of the excellent news by doing a couple of relatively shallow dives on the WPB reefs. I feel fine and am glad I had the chance to get in the water before my Cayman trip in 2 weeks. Looks like the Cayman trip, a Red Sea liveaboard in June/July, and PNG for next year are all firmly in the cards. :cool2:

Well, it's not quite 3 months but ... Got a clean bill of health this past Tuesday after my echocardiogram, and since I was in Florida for a conference this week I was able to take advantage of the excellent news by doing a couple of relatively shallow dives on the WPB reefs. I feel fine and am glad I had the chance to get in the water before my Cayman trip in 2 weeks. Looks like the Cayman trip, a Red Sea liveaboard in June/July, and PNG for next year are all firmly in the cards. :cool2:

:thumbs-up

Hey how about the migraines???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom