My Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladies and gentlemen, the weekend is approaching and my latest version of my torch is about to go for a test. More details on my blog (Dolphin Dive Adventures Blog), as well as some details on an issue that can happen with NiMH batteries (producing Hydrogen).

Hollywood703 - Project Costs are about this

Electronics : US$30
LED : US$8
Batteries : Reclaimed from another project (but about US$40, for new)
Housings : US$10

TOTAL : US$88 (approximate)

Now, I know you are in Singapore, but how difficult would it be for you to buy a few of the microcontrollers and program them, and resell them to poor fools like me who actually sort of know how to do that, but don't have access to the stuff, or want to take the time to write the program? :)

I'd be willing to pay for it....

Or, can you send me the code? And what...eh, format? is it? I think I've used...hex coding? before. (It's been a while. Oh, and the robot I was writing the code for....it didn't work.)

I want to try building this! Electronics are no problem, mechanical stuff should be easy. Programming.......eh....not so much...

Also, you don't show how you built the case for the battery (that's not too hard, I already have a .pdf that tells me how to do that :) ), where you mounted the circuit board (battery can, or light head?) and how you mounted the LED (reflector?) The picture on your blog was veyr small, can you host them somewhere and give us access to bigger ones?

JahJahwarrior - I have posted a couple of pictures, showing the inside of my torch hopefully that will make things a little more understandable. As for the programming of the IC's, yes I can do it but I need to see the costs (I`m currently paying S$12, for the IC alone!).

Dolphin Dive Adventures Blog

I would be interested in the programming as well.....I can build a house for it, just dont have the electrical know-how to build and program the circuits. thanks

What is the power output and how does the brightness compare to a 50 W halogen? Or a HID?

Bill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom