My DC1400 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssroseberry

Reaction score
This is my review of the Sealife DC1400 Pro with flash. I am in no way a professionalphotographer. On land I normally shootwith a Nikon D5000 and rarely use the Auto setting, I normally use the aperturesetting with manual ISO and white balance. This is my first underwater camera and I bought it for a recent trip toRoatan. This was also my first time using it underwater.
Out of the box I think the camera is very good looking. It doesn’t look like a hodge-podge of Xcamera, Y case, and Z flash. The menubuttons are very easy to use along with the flash. I found it took a long time to focus on thesubject and then a long time to capture the picture. I also found that it was hard to determinewhen you had pushed the focus/capture button half way to actually focus. Most of the time it was pushed too far and Itook a picture. Fortunately when it didthis it seemed to be in infinity focus and the pictures weren’t too out offocus. The video seemed to be a little grainy for the 720p HD it is supposed tobe (however don’t buy a camera for a video camera and vise-a-versa). There wasalso static on playback when the camera was recording and was not in its case.I also had a problem with the on/off switch for the flash. It is real easy for it to be moved from offto on. When the flash switch is in theon position it will drain the batteries. This happened to me between dives and I didn’t realize it.

My thoughts:
Great price for complete package
Good looking camera
Small size compared to other camera/mount/flash set-ups
If you would like a more complete review feel free to messageme.
Roatan 059.jpgRoatan 088.jpgRoatan 090.jpgRoatan 036.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom