My dad's old spearguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That said, I do appreciate the concept of preserving old dive gear for future generations.

With the blown up photos of family with these guns on the wall where you store them in between use

Magnificent!

Cleaning out the old family home recently and found a few spearguns
I had to run out to my garage and check to make sure you weren't "accidentally" in the wrong neighborhood.

3 vintage spearguns.jpg
voit speagun 1.jpg
Voit speargun 2.jpg

Here is a long-shot question. Anyone know what grade of aluminum tubing Voit used for its barrels? TIA

Give them a long soak in a tub of freshwater and after drying off a shot of WD40 into the trigger mechanisms. The angular Spearfisherman company guns are single-piece trigger, so there is nothing to them. The Voit Swimaster guns have a two-piece trigger, the skinny barrel one is an Explorer, the other is a Magnum, but both are the same inside. While the screws will undo the pivot pins can seize in their respective mounting holes and it can be very hard to separate the clamshell handle halves. Rather than risk snapping the alloy castings it may be better to leave as is if they appear to be firmly stuck as the mechanism will still work.

Mark, if I can give you any help with them, drop me an email.
I suspect it's 6061, most of the high corrosion resistance series are more expensive, in the 3 to 5 times as much.

I have an old Dacor gun that I retired. I started using it when I was 13-14. I’m 65 now. Figured it was better off on a wall display.

If all else falls, try reverse psychology!

Not with this guy mate

You see the barrels his father and he held and the experiences they shared all those years ago he wants to replace
trashing his history

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom