My Blackbeard's Cruise Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reviewing these threads about Blackbeard's has me very interested in trying them out. However, I'm still a bit concerned about the bathroom arrangements. Can someone please comment:

1. I'm a fairly big guy, is there room in the shower to move without banging the heck out of elbows, etc.?

2. Does everyone wait to shower at about the same times, or is it more staggered?

3. With only 1 head, is there enough time between breakfast and the 1st dive each day for everyone to do their "morning constitutional"? (TMI - no laxatives needed here :)

1. The shower is not overly spacious, but I am 6'1 and a fairly large guy and have never felt cramped or claustrophobic.

2. Most guests opt for the topside shower. Hop in the ocean, use the shampoo/bodywash on deck, rinse off with the hose on the back deck. Some guests chose to skip the night dive and shower/enjoy the rum punch earlier. Others may wait until after the night dive.

3. There are 3 heads onboard, one in each sleeping quarters.

Reviewing these threads about Blackbeard's has me very interested in trying them out. However, I'm still a bit concerned about the bathroom arrangements. Can someone please comment:

1. I'm a fairly big guy, is there room in the shower to move without banging the heck out of elbows, etc.?

2. Does everyone wait to shower at about the same times, or is it more staggered?

3. With only 1 head, is there enough time between breakfast and the 1st dive each day for everyone to do their "morning constitutional"? (TMI - no laxatives needed here :)

As a fellow big guy here my observations from the Morning Star (2 trips):

1 Not much room pick which way to stand before entering (see point 2).

2 I never needed the shower between 4 dives a day and the hospital bathing wipes (large baby wipes) the deck shower hose was enough for general hygiene at the end of the trip before the pub trip there is a shower at the yacht club. Never saw a line for the shower.

3 There are actually 3 heads there is usually plenty of time for "personal morning prep" provided you aren't someone who needs hours to kickstart the process.

2 I never needed the shower between 4 dives a day and the hospital bathing wipes (large baby wipes) the deck shower hose was enough for general hygiene at the end of the trip before the pub trip there is a shower at the yacht club. Never saw a line for the shower.
Thanks WarrenZ -- for those large bathing wipes, did you bring your own or are they provided on ship?

Thanks WarrenZ -- for those large bathing wipes, did you bring your own or are they provided on ship?
No I buy a package or two before a trip they are nice to freshen up with. I get the ones from Walmart they are thicker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom