My bauer won't start

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is it gas/diesel or electric?

The behavior looks like it is gas, but I've never seen a vertical combustion? If it's gas/diesel then check the oil pressure/level switches that are probably preventing it from kicking over. If it's electric then it may be a bigger issue

take the heads off and clean all of the valves, it's possible that it's building up too much back pressure

Thanks.. did that...

I found that the problem is between cylinders 1 and 2. If I unscrew the connection.. it starts and run.. (thun put it on it keeps going)

If it connected it won't start

The impression I get from your video, is that there's not enough power available to get the compressor up to speed. Looks like it's not even doing 1000rpm.

Just to doublecheck: when you open the release valve on the ACD (red one in the drawing), you shouldn't hear any air releasing. The release opening is on the bottom side just below the valve. Close it firmly after checking.
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 1.30.08 AM.png

Any chance you can hook up a pressure gauge to see the intermediate pressure after the 1st stage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom