My arms are killing me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I modeled my setup after the one shown at: Shore diving with a dSLR underwater camera|Underwater Photography Guide

It has worked out very well for handling the camera both in and out of the water. For boat dives, I clip the two bolt snaps at the top together to make a handle. The stobe(s) hang to the side of the camera without needing to tighten down the ball joints over what I want when underwater.

I was able to order "#6, 4.75" Marine Grade Stainless Bolt Snap with Quick Release" for less than $8 each, the loop in the webbing slips nicely onto the handles before I attach the strobe arms, and a zip tie keeps it from shifting around. The bolt snaps ended up being "huge", but they work well. I mount them to the tray handles which is a little lower than described in the article, but that is because I have only been taking one strobe.

-Chocula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom