MX10 for cold water???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brit Girl

Registered
Reaction score
I have been looking at buying the MX10 camera with a strobe and close up lens. I know nothing about photography but i have read on other sites than in the english cold water where the viz is not brill and maybe lots of plankton that 'back scatter' can be a problem even with the strobe unit. Does anyone have any experience of this as i mainly dive in this country but with the odd holiday abroad . If this is not suitable can someone suggest something in the same pricerange?.Thanks in advance

I have a MX10 set up and dive with in our "cool" Canadian waters. I've been in water as cool as 45F with it. The back scatter is somewhat resolved with the strobe. I say somewhat, as you will still have to deal with the extra stuff in the water when you take the pic. But that problem will exist (IMHO) no matter what camera setup you use.

One resolution to the problem is not to try to take pics of anything that is not in close proximately to you. The further away your subject, the more back scatter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom