MV Sea Quest or MV Eagle Ray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All

I am planning a Maldives trip and wondering about liveaboard options. I have narrowed down in terms of budget and dates to the following liveaboards. Can anyone who has been on these liveaboards Sea Quest or Eagle Ray offer any feedback on the operations? I am also thinking of spending few nights on Meeru Island (Meerenfushi), heard there are some dive sites there. What are they like? Thank you

Hi

i know nothing of Eagle Ray, but spent 2 weeks on Sea Spirit (nearly identical twin of Sea Queen) in Jan 08.

Probably the best 2 weeks diving i've ever done. The boat was quite tired. Food & accommodation ok but not fantastic. Definitely aimed at the UK not the US client. fantastic dive guides, whose hard work & desire to give you the best diving possible made the trip.

Guides did up to 3 current checks per dive to ensure they could brief you in detail about the site that day. Boat sought out some great strong current dives most days. nb many liveaboards go for the easier lagoon dives.

Great company as well. Boat seemed to attract people really interested in the diving & the reef.

Small downside is that nitrox was quite expensive & not that many people used it.

i would book Sea Queen/sea Spirit with confidence.

hope this helps

John

I was on the boat a few years ago. I agree with MantaJohn. Client base is 99% UK. I found the food to be a bit repetitive - too many deep fried items. Comfort factor is in the OK category. Not fancy. Cabins A/C is centrally controlled. Those are the only A/C spaces.

Did a 10 day cruise on Eagle ray last year - Very enthusiastic service oriented crew. Food was good to very good, and the diving excellent. Highly recommended, if you are not after a luxury boat (but it is comfortable)

Back
Top Bottom