Must do Dives in Bora Bora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for the most unique dives that I can't miss in Bora Bora.

Any recommendations out there? I'm looking specifically that's unique there that I can't find anywhere else.

Thanks in Advance!

Can you extend to the Tuomoto's? Rangiroa and Fakarava diving is where the diving is truly awesome - bora bora, from what I can remember..a inside lagoon couple of spots with well conditioned leopard sharks like puppies at the sound of the boat engine (i heard and hope feeding has actually stopped) outside the lagoon there is a reasonable dive with a resident manta ray. I cant actually recall any diving op in BB offering out of the way diving - try Raitai which is close by but the BB diving scene is mostly catering for the cruise shippers.

There is a Manta Ray cleaning station dive at Bora Bora. Did that dive with Paul Gauguin last year, and it was fantastic. That certainly qualified as a "can't miss" dive for me.

I love that dive! The problem is that it is NOT being offered on my sailing !
Any advice on how I can find an op to take us there? We are in port from 8am to 10pm.

I think the cleaning station is at fafa piti. Definitely a great experience. Tapu piti is just outside the lagoon that has some big "friendly" lemon sharks that someone obviously feeds. Also an interesting experience. Agree that if you could make it to Rangiroa, diving is better there, but there's something magical about Bora Bora.

Jackie,
The Manta dive we did with Paul Gauguin was at the Anau Dive Site. You can find a map of the location on Top Dive's website by Googling map Anau dive site. As I recall, it was fairly close to where the ship was anchored. There may be other Bora Bora sites that also have Mantas, and you might contact some dive ops in Bora Bora to see if they can take you there, understanding useable dive sites are weather dependent. I know Top Dive is an op on several of the islands, but have not dived with them, so I can't comment on their operation. But they do show Anau as one of their dive sites.

I love that dive! The problem is that it is NOT being offered on my sailing !
Any advice on how I can find an op to take us there? We are in port from 8am to 10pm.

Pretty simple. All the ships pull in @ Viatape where a lady named Robyn has a stall set up organising all the cruise shippers onto their tours be it circle island, diving or lagoonarium stingray lunch and (shudder) shark feeding (please dont) tour (you dont eat the stingrays, they flop all over you while you eat lunch in the water) and probably a whole raft of other tours. Just walk up and ask Robyn to book you onto a dive boat. I am pretty sure which op she will have to book you on (wouldnt be my choice but the cattleboat op does the cruise ship passengers and you will get one dive in and one dive outside the lagoon) - or you could try emailing before and asking if it is possible to go with Eleuthera. Its most likely your cruise ship will have a contract with the cattleboat op and I will try and find Robyns number for you but give these guys an email and see how you go -

Bora Diving Center | Centre de plongée Eleuthera

Edited to ad - I would not recommend topdive. - also Edited because first post is supposed to be LEMON sharks not leopard sharks :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom