"Must dive" locations in St. Lucia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwestby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have any recommendations on "must dive" locations in St. Lucia for a beginning diver?

For beginner dive, it should matter much as long as it's warm calm water with good visibility and some reef/fish. It's more important to be safe and learning to be comfortable in the water as a beginner.

For medium to advanced, one of the most well know site is Superman's Flight, by the petite piton. It's a nice drift dive by the wall, with fairly good colorful reef, some fish, and decent viz. It's also good because of the topside scenery. The pitons are beautiful looking from the water.

Try the Lesleen wreck - this is a fairly shallow dive, but very spectacular. The wreck is fully covered with marine life - very colourful and suitable for an inexperienced diver. We saw turtles, rays scorpion fish etc on that dive and it is one of the most memorable from that holiday.

I agree with the above two posts. I still remember both of those dives by name so they must have been special considering I was there ten years or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom