Music to accompany underwater video??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Royalty Free doesn't mean you are licensed to use the music for whatever you want. If you are going to monetize your videos you want to be very careful. I've used many songs from incompetech.com/ Kevin Macleod at incompetech allows you to use all his songs on monetized videos, you just need to provide attribution (credit) on the video.

I've used Kevin Macleod work in all my videos on You tube. All you have to do is properly attribute it when you use the creative commons licensing option. He even provides a page that will fill out the required text for you.

An example of the required attribution:

"Piano Between"
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0

Hi Dauntless!
Guess its like this. If You purchase a music track from a RfM agency You get a pdf from them which verifies You to use this track for lifetime for any video or other use. But You are not allowed to let a friend of Yours to use the same track for footage under his name. He would need a license for himself. It has been very often that tracks were used illegally on You Tube.
This platform is so big that they have problems to get all the footage always properly checked before it goes online.
Usually after a composer send a complain to them the will delete the footage.

I prefer using the sound of my regulator rather than music in my videos. All of my products are educational in nature and I think the reg sound makes the experience more realistic. I don't hear music underwater. However, for short video pieces I understand the inclusion of music.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom