Murray Report -- Fri May 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
This report was originally posted by Ryanh1985; but he buried it inside a thread titled something about CSSP. So I'll repeat his report here:

John and I got in a few really nice dive today out at Marietta landing, got to hear about the famous crab trap.

Dive 1- First dive we got down, vis was pretty bad, I was having to remember what bad vis. diving was all about, after a few min. into the dive I was messing with my computer and getting the light on it to come on and ended up losing John. Looked around for a few min. with no luck. Decided new lake, low vis. and at 61 feet, I would go ahead and head to the surface. I got to the surface and about 30 sec. behind me was john. So that was the end of our first dive.
Dive time of 13 min. max depth of 61

Dive 1 take 2- This time things went a little better, I was finally able to see the bottom a little better, and visibility seemed to get better the further along we got. We ended up finding some neat rock formation, just north of the sand entry. Looked around there for a bit before starting to head back. Once we got to the rock wall we did a little safety stop and saw our first fish.
Dive time of 29 min. 61 max depth and 63 degree's.

Dive 2- After an hour SIT John and I headed back in the the water. John was placing the marker so, I was suppose to be holding our heading, well lets just say I have had better days. Im not really sure where we ended up, but John got it all sorted out and we took off along the rock line. This dive we saw a few more fish, even saw one perch. We also found some wooden structure, but never could figure out what it was, with the vis, we could only see a few feet of it at a time. Maybe Frank's crab trap 2? Swam around the old scuba park for a bit, before ending the dive and heading to the surface.
Down for 49 min, max depth of 43 feet. Lowest water temp reading of 64.

All in all, great day of diving. I really liked the lake, and do plan on going back. Its a nice alternative to the other stuff. Just wish I would have brought a tent.

I will add to this report.
Great day of diving! Everything Ryan said was so true!
Vis was running 4 to 6 ft. At times it would improve to 8 ft. At times it would diminish to <1 ft. Go figure.

Ryan says he was "dorking with his computer". Yea. That's why he got lost. I have my suspiscions. We got separted in the low vis and I would like to proudly say that we executed a "lost dive buddy" drill perfectly from 60 ft. Thank you. No autographs.

When I hit the surface, Ryan was suspiciously close to one of those "No wake" buoys. About 20 minutes after we ended our dive, this boat shows up and starts inspecting the buoy that Ryan was close to.
DSC_00491.JPG

That's the Oklahoma Lake Patrol ! :11:
Now, I ask each of you to draw your own conclusion.

And about 5 minutes after the Lake Patrol showed up, this guy shows up
DSC_00501.JPG

That's some sort of a salvage/repair pontoon performing some type of maintenance activity on the buoy. Again, you draw your own conclusions.

Ryan, do you still claim that you were just adjusting your computer?

Great day of diving!

John I know you were just sneakin' off without me to plant a Geo-Cashe :mooner:

So I turned you guys in as Terrorists to the Lake Patrol .........:no
'Seems they took me at my word.

And... as we all know.... My word is always good :wink:

Aren't you and sealskin still wanted by the Oklahoma Lake Patrol?
I can't believe they took you at your word - especially after the tall tales that you are famous for. Simply amazing.

So what are you doing these days? I haven't heard anything out of you in a while.

Yeah, Timeliner, where ya' been?
Where ever...glad to see you back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom