Multiple emails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another good point is brought up by FLL Diver, if you opt for "instant email notification" you will automatically get an email for every reply which could be 1,2 even 20 emails in a day. A better option is the daily notification which works as a digest and comes only once a day instead of for every update.

I get identical emails with identical time stamps for the same messages. They happen quite frequently with SB (hundreds of emails since the upgrade), and I've never gotten another email duplicated.

They're the exact same emails. I could leave the house for a day, and when I came back I'd have plenty of notifications... every second or third SB email would be duplicated.

At 4:56 today I got three copies of a notification for the "The Other end of the DIR debate" thread, all together with the same time on them.

It's nothing on my end.. it happens whether I use webmail or Outlook Express, and whether I use an email account hosted by GoDaddy or Time Warner.

I'm obviously not the only one this is happening to. Like I said, it's *only* scubaboard emails.

This appears to be a bug prevalent on a few other forums with similar software configurations, we have alerted the vendor and will be investigating it with them and with our system admin as well.

Back
Top Bottom