Multi-level diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lordy lordy. Its a wonder I havent been bent. So much good information. I know you cant plan a multi level dive on the tables. I know you cant rely on anything mechanical or electronic. One day they WILL fail. So I have learned here that I rely too much on my computer & dive leader. But I do use the wheel as a guide pre-dive and stay very conservative.

for the record, i do not "do what my computer tells me to do"

i do use my computer to keep track of my average depth and NDL for me; it can do that a lot better and save me the effort

based on that information, i continue to update my dive plan as i dive ... again, this is for non-deco, multi-level dives

i do NOT let my computer dictate my safety stops for me. i have a plan in place for that too.

and i do NOT under any circumstances let my computer tell me if i am ascending too fast. i know what my rate is and stick to that

essentially, i use my computer as a rolling NDL indicator, but i take over when it's time to ascend and hold safety stops

on a side note, most, if not all, of my non-deco dives are controlled by my gas supply (which i do plan strictly), so the NDL is a secondary concern. i just like to keep track of it just in case

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom