MR42 ist stage mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seedy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got my new Abyss 42, ( I thought they came with a superflex hose, mine didn't- Australia)
any way, can you mount the 1st stage upside down on the tank or does it have to be
right way up.....
Not much useful info in any of the Manufacturers paperwork......

can you dive upside down?? :p

regs are gravity independent, so yeah you CAN, but why would you want to?? IIRC The 42's ports are angled down in "normal" position, so if inverted, they would now be angled up or away from the diver and BCD....

oooh.... right ..... australia.... you guys live upside down thats right. You are just trying to turn it rightside aren't you?? :D

just to keep the overall hieght down. I have a transpac 2 harness and the tank and regs sit very close to your head.
Usually they mount the 1st stages in the "down" position if possible to reduce the height......it may not work with the 42,

ummm

t
unless australia has a different "down" than canada... :D If I read you right, it seems like you are trying to install it in the "normal" position already... care to take a pic to cement the notion??

just to keep the overall hieght down. I have a transpac 2 harness and the tank and regs sit very close to your head.
Usually they mount the 1st stages in the "down" position if possible to reduce the height......it may not work with the 42,

...not sure what you're wanting to do makes any sense....mounting the '42' upside down is gonna look st*pid. The '42' is a diaphragm style 1st-stage, the only regs that are mounted 'upside down' are tall piston-style 1st-stages (Like an Atomic Aquatics reg or a Scubapro MK 25, for example). Look on the internet for a photo of an Atomic reg and you'll immediately understand what I'm talking about...those regs are supposed to be mounted 'upside down'...your '42' is defintely NOT supposed to be mounted 'upside down'......while you can certainly do it, and the reg will operate just fine, it's gonna look really silly!

I dived with it yesterday in the Up (ie normal) position. It wasn't too bad, I have a wireless transmitter so the angles ports dont matter which way they are. The hieght of the MR42 first stage above the tank is about 30mm higher than my previous reg, that is why I was looking to turn it over.
(so the 1st stage doesn't hit the back of my head )
thanks for your input

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom