MR22 "old style" versus "new style"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petronius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone tell me the difference between the "old style" MR22 and the new version? I keep seeing "old style" in ads and I can't figure out what it means. If the reg is described as having a 'new tri-material seat', does that mean it's new style?

Also, I've heard that Mares has the 'free parts for life' deal, but I never see it mentioned in ads. Does Mares provide free parts kits?

Thanks...

The new "22" 1st stage is smaller and lighter than the older "22". Depending on when you bought your "old 22" it could have been a V22. This could then have been upgraded to the MR22 with the Tri-Material valve which all of Mares current Rgeulators use. If you bought an "old 22" in the past 2 years it was most likely already an MR22. It would be clearly stated on the body of the Regulator.

Hope this helps.

Phil

The new "22" 1st stage is smaller and lighter than the older "22". Depending on when you bought your "old 22" it could have been a V22. This could then have been upgraded to the MR22 with the Tri-Material valve which all of Mares current Rgeulators use. If you bought an "old 22" in the past 2 years it was most likely already an MR22. It would be clearly stated on the body of the Regulator.

Hope this helps.

Phil

That does help; thank you.

I'm still confused about the parts issue, however - if I buy a new Mares reg in the US, does Mares provide free parts kits for routine service for as long as I own the reg?

(Haven't bought it yet, but I'm leaning that way... :))

Back
Top Bottom