Mr12 DFC cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
Do I need to get a cold water kit put on my Mr12DFC first stage? I want to dive in KY in March to prep a dive area for opening day. I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend the money for it now or not.

Hi, this is a bit of a subjective and difficult question to answer. Conditions and weather will vary so it's not really fair to say yes or no. I would recommend you speak with a local dive center and get their feedback. As a rule of thumb, Mares regulators are inherently great for cold water environments due to the DFC, bypass tube, and Vortex assist design technologies. Also, in cold water, generally the concern is also in the 2nd stage, as this is more likely where a problem will occur first. If you think you'll be diving in true freezing conditions, and or where their is debris in the water, it would be a good idea to get the kit, just to be sure.

I hope this helps.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom