MR-11 bulb DIY light housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently completed a DIY canister divelight, and it works fine, but the head is kind of big and clunky. I used an MR-16 12volt halogen bulb which fits nicely into a C cell maglite head. I'd like to do the same thing with a smaller MR-11 bulb, but don't know what flashlight or similar device to use as a watertight housing. Does anyone know what I can use with an MR-11 bulb? Thanks.

Rob

Cutter Electronics

Scroll down the page & you'll find a housing that might work for you.
Not to mention a 3 led kit that could generate 750 lumens using Cree R2 leds.

Wayne

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably stick with my trusty MR16 light head made from a maglite head. It works fine and is plenty bright. I was interested in a smaller light head, that's all.

I used an old UK light that ran off a couple of c-cells. Works great.

Please forgive this SB newbie for asking, but is there a good place to go to find more details on some of these DIY canister light projects that you are mentioning? The maglite halogen, the HID, and so forth? Thanks!

Sign-up here Also, Airspeed press has a can light book with lots of useful info.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom