Moving to Kihei, Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlivengo

Reaction score
Hey all, I've just accepted a job in Kihei and will be moving around mid-August. I'm looking forward to being in a place where I can dive regularly, that doesn't include lakes or quarries. I'd appreciate any suggestions on who to see, where to go. I'm flying solo, my girlfriend doesn't dive so if anyone needs a buddy, I can use one too.

You can fly me out there anytime. :) What I wouldn't do to trade in my dry suit for warm water diving.

I loved diving Maui. Molokini is a definate must dive. You've got the Cathedrals and Turtle Town. Lanai (spelling?) is also good.

glad to hear another SBer is moving here :D - drop me a PM when you get in with your "dive days" schedule and we'll see about doing some diving together. Also be sure to join us for our monthly SB dive on the first Saturday of each month.

Aloha, Tim

Believe me, I'd dreamed of moving there for the past 5 years. But have you seen what a teacher makes there?? Gads, a $20,000 or so pay cut to live somewhere that's twice as expensive just doesn't bode well for the budget.

Maybe after we get a big inheritance or win the lottery....whichever comes first!! :D

Thanks all. I'm pretty excited about the move, well not the actual move but the destination. I was offered a job I couldn't refuse so now I'm breaking my lease, cutting ties to DC (even though I just moved here a few months ago), and heading to Maui. I just have to figure out how to get everything on the plane to take with me. Scuba gear of course, golf clubs, clothing, computer, oh so many toys I don't want to ship.......I don't expect too much sympathy, it's a good dilemma to be in I guess.

Looking forward to meeting up for the monthly SB dive, definitely count me in for September.

DiveMaven:
Believe me, I'd dreamed of moving there for the past 5 years. But have you seen what a teacher makes there?? Gads, a $20,000 or so pay cut to live somewhere that's twice as expensive just doesn't bode well for the budget.

Maybe after we get a big inheritance or win the lottery....whichever comes first!! :D

true ... teachers don't make much compared to the cost of living here. Most of my teacher friends have at least 2 jobs...

jlivengo:
...Looking forward to meeting up for the monthly SB dive, definitely count me in for September.

looking forward to a new member of our dive community :D

Back
Top Bottom