moving to Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shepakins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so my wife and I are moving to Kauai in three weeks, I should be done with my ow cert dives by the first of May and we are landing night of May 7. I guess I just want to say hi and if any of you would be up for taking a newbie under their wings and showing him around. We will be living in Koloa and really look forward to progressing my skills as a diver and enjoying the aloha life.

I just got a job as an instructor on Kauai and will be moving there from Costa Rica about the same time you guys are moving. I'll have to take a couple weeks to get used to working for the new op but its near Koloa and I, or another instructor at the shop, would be happy to help you further your dive training and experience. PM me if you'd like to talk more about it.

Wow, moving to Kauai!!!! I have always wanted to live there. We spend three weeks every winter. In fact, I got my OW cert off the south shore in '06.

Pop into SeaSport Divers in Koloa. Very nice dive shop with everything a diver could want: professional personnel, in stock gear, and the Aloha attitude. Most of their employees have been with them for several years, some twenty or more. Marvin is the owner, and he is onsite as well.

Good luck with you move to paradise.

Aloha,
Marta

thanks I got my mask and snorkel from them last time I was there because my old got lost in travel still as of yet to be found.

I will probably still be around, and I could use a newbie dive pal. Remind me when you get closer.

:zen:

thanks that would be sweet I'm very excited to get as much experience as I can. see you in a few weeks

Aloha!

You'll find that both the local shops will be very helpful to you. Fathom Five in Koloa that is managed by George Thompson - and as previously mentioned - Marvin Otsuji's SeaSport Divers.
If you stop in at SeaSports feel free to ask for me or call and I'll take you down to the sites and give you an orientatation of Koloa Landing and PK's. They are the two primary locations you'll dive from shore on the south side of the island. I can provide you with important information regarding Tunnels beach on the north shore as well.

As time draws near if I can help with any diving/non diving info regarding the island just send me a message!

Anthony

I'm seriously jealous. I wish there was a way I could live there but alas, I just have to settle for visiting. Good luck and safe diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom