moving to Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USAF Diver

Reaction score
After 5 years here at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida the Air Force has finally decided to move me to Hickam AFB in Hawaii next July.

I will need buddies over there. I am PADI AOW & Nitrox and NSS-CDS Cavern. Any info on charters and dive shops would be appreciated also.

I passed up greeting you at first because I was flat out jealous of you going from Fl to Hi. its like going from paradise to paradise and I'm stuck here in the middle of America diving in Catfish ponds LoL. but I got over it a on with whats real. I like where I live!!! and welcome to the Scuba Board

Mike

USAF Diver once bubbled...
After 5 years here at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida the Air Force has finally decided to move me to Hickam AFB in Hawaii next July.

I will need buddies over there. I am PADI AOW & Nitrox and NSS-CDS Cavern. Any info on charters and dive shops would be appreciated also.

You lucky dawg

Here's your dive buddies, boats, trips and air fills

http://www.sealancers.org/

Also check out www.shorediving.com and click on Hawaiian Is.
The site will give you fairly detailed info on all the shore diving sites around Oahu.
Also, I second the recommendation on Ocean Concepts. I found their operation to be very safety conscious and efficient.

I realy hate that for you man I wish I had your bad luck as to have to move to Hawaii. No realy I wish you the best I am so like realy jealous though. I hope you have good time some really nice diving there. I will tell you this you might not want to come back other than to visit.

I highly recommend Lahaina Divers -- great operation!!

Have fun!

:wave:

Hi-

Didn't see your post until just now - I don't have the opportunity to check the boards that often anymore.

There are several Scubaboard members in Hawaii - billfish, seanmf and Alikat to name a few. There are others, but those are the ones I stay in touch with and dive with on a fairly regular basis.

We all belong to Island Divers - it's a pretty active dive club - it's free and they just opened a shop on Hickam. In fact, one of the owners of Island Divers is also a member of Scubaboard, but I don't think he has time to log in often. They're a really great bunch of people - extremely friendly and it only takes 1 dive with them to feel "part of the club".

As an aside, when I first called the owner to inquire about the dive club, he asked when I wanted to go diving - he didn't have anything scheduled that day, but on the spot decided to schedule a club dive and asked where I wanted to go. That's how friendly they are.

Welcome to Hawaii - and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom