Mouth piece with a hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be handy during long deco stops.

I've learned to use packet drinks with a straw, or just water bottles. I've also seen some guys use a camel back style apparatus but all require removing the mouthpiece to drink.
You win the Kewpie doll.

It's a Self Contained Underwater Drinking Apparatus.

Starts at 1:27
I have a SCUDA.. It changed my life!. It can be hooked up to an IV bag. No need for any valves, you have to sqeeze the bag to get water in the regulator. I used to get Kidney Stones from 10+ hours of breathing air.
Have not had one since I started using the SCUDA.. Too bad they are not made anymore. Ill rig a modified mouthpeice with a plastic insert for the water hose.

Question, I can across this mares abyss and it has an interesting mouth piece with a small hose with an adjustable knob. Anyone give any insight as to what that is used for?
Yes That is a SCUDA.. I have one.. Dying to make a replacement. A must have for staying hydrated during long AIR dives. No more kidney stones! No hyperhydrosis because you are slowly sipping water or hydration liquid through the day.!

Question, I can across this mares abyss and it has an interesting mouth piece with a small hose with an adjustable knob. Anyone give any insight as to what that is used for?
Yes, this small hose is hooked into a longer hose, and used to pressurize camera and instrument housings. With the housings pressurized to the ambient pressure, there is much less potential for water leaking into the housing. This was explained in Basic Scuba, by Fred Roberts, a long, long time ago (1960s).

SeaRat

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b78.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b78.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 33
Yes That is a SCUDA.. I have one.. Dying to make a replacement. A must have for staying hydrated during long AIR dives. No more kidney stones! No hyperhydrosis because you are slowly sipping water or hydration liquid through the day.!
If you were going to make a replacement are there any changes you would make to the original design?

Back
Top Bottom