Mountaineering device suitable for divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These zip-loc bag chambers(the ones meant for diving), should really be thought of as a hyperbaric stretcher. So you put the bent diver in the chamber then transport to the closest chamber facility. They shouldn't be ultilized as stand alone chambers, the ammount of gas (both air to compress and O2 to breath at depth) needed to treat a diver makes it impractical. The gammov bags which is what this thread was orginally about don't compress enough to do much good. Stick with what you learned in your basic OW class. 100% O2 and transport promptly to the nearest chamber. It might be a good idea is get trained in CPR for the professional rescuer so you can learn to use the ambu bag with O2.

Hello readers:

I was a way for several weeks at a location without a functioning internet connection. It was not what I originally expected. I am back home again.

Gamov Bag

The mountaineers’ bag of which you spoke was designed to add some pressure when at altitude. It would not add much pressure to a diver surfacing for depth.

The hyperbaric chambers are generally referred to as a "hyperbaric stretcher." They are in use in the South Pacific. One problem is providing medical support to the person on the inside.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Back
Top Bottom