Motormarine II W/YS-50 Strobe ??

Motormarine II W/YS-50 strobe a good beginners camera?

• Too complicated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, very easy to operate

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, but will take some time

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No thanks, but a Corona would be nice! It is getting easier to swallow, since my wife is having a ball with her digital.

I know I will eventually update to digital, but the 5 grand price tag is still a little stiff.

Dee once bubbled...

Would you like some water to wash that down with? :)

No thanks, but a Corona would be nice! It is getting easier to swallow, since my wife is having a ball with her digital.

I know I will eventually update to digital, but the 5 grand price tag is still a little stiff.

Do you think that the difference in optic quality in photos taken with Nik V's and MMII are visible to the naked eye?

To the regular diver who wants to take good photos while they are there, may only print as large as 8x10's for their wall, is that difference worth the extra expense of the Nik V?

I used a MMIIex for years and used a friends Nik V for a few months. I agree they are both easy to use, just a tad different. But I honestly couldn't tell the difference in the photos and couldn't tell which camera took which photos.

Yes you can see the difference. Probably not on a monitor screen, but in slides or 5x7 prints (or lager) done at a decent processor, yes. Would it make a difference to most UW photographers? Probably not. The point is, that the Nik V is a better camera. I can go on and on as to why. Is it worth the added expense? That’s up to the individual. If price is the issue than I have no problem recommending the MMII, it is a good camera. If the issue is ease of use, like it was in the original post, than I will take issue when someone recommends the MMII over the Nik V. A MMII is not any easier to use than a Nik V

It's nice to have someones opinion who has and uses both cameras.

Dee once bubbled...
Been there, done that, got all the T-shirts!

Sure you don't want to go digital? I can help ya with that! :D

Digital would be nice but I think cost would be a factor for my wife. What kind of costs would I be looking at?

Aaron

I would think if she's interested in a MMII she'll want at least a 4MP camera. Depending on brand and model, the cost will vary. Camera and housing alone can be had for $800-1000

One way to start out is with a used set-up. I know of a good used one...sending PM

Well thank you for your comments and ideas. I did buy the MM II with YS strobe for my wife. I felt like $265 was a decent price for this setup.

HOWEVER, I am very interested in getting a digital setup. Its just a matter of time. Hopefully this summer or late spring.

Can you give me a small list of possible digital setups? I'm not looking to spend money as high as a Nikonos RS setup.

Aaron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom