Motorcycle with a wet suit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back when I used to surf, I tried my wetsuit under some clothes to go snow skiing in Japan. Nice for the first 10 mins. Then I got hot as hell, and eventually froze as the sweat that saturated my suit froze during a rest. Just wear good layers of clothing and leathers.

The problem will be trying to upshift with fins on.

-Ben

can picture you coming out w/ either severe burns and the resulting infections from the embedded neoprene. Or the neoprene doesn't slide and rips the skin away. I'm not sure which would be worse.

Yep, that's bad business. I had a "small" incident where I decided it would be a good idea to wear a synthetic T-shirt underneath my cotton and leather welding gear. A spark found it's way down to the sythetic, and burned itself and the cotton shirt from the bottom of the shirt all the way up the front of my pants to just above the belt, at which point "things" were getting noticeably HOT. I stopped welding, realized what the funny smell I had been smelling was, and put myself out. I had synthetic t-shirt melted to my jeans, belt, and a bit of skin.:no Not fun at all.

Yep, that's bad business. I had a "small" incident where I decided it would be a good idea to wear a synthetic T-shirt underneath my cotton and leather welding gear. A spark found it's way down to the sythetic, and burned itself and the cotton shirt from the bottom of the shirt all the way up the front of my pants to just above the belt, at which point "things" were getting noticeably HOT. I stopped welding, realized what the funny smell I had been smelling was, and put myself out. I had synthetic t-shirt melted to my jeans, belt, and a bit of skin.:no Not fun at all.

Yeooww! That post gave me the willies. I will take road rash over melted synthetic fibers in my skin any day. Glad you didn't get it too bad. I bet that woke you up! :coffee:

Well I tried on a wet suit today and realized how warm they get (sorry, noob to diving). I am wondering if anyone has ever tried wearing them while riding their motorcycle?

Maybe just a 3mm or smaller would actually work very well?

Just a thought :confused:
For cold weather riding you'd be wise to stick with organic materials. Silk long johns top and bottom, wool sweater, leather jacket and pants or chaps. Over-the-ankle boots, and leather gloves with wool liners and gauntlets. Layers would be a good idea if you need additional warmth - e.g. a leather vest over your leather jacket, and a full-face helmet.

I've ridden in below freezing weather in this gear and stayed relatively warm.

Even though you don't plan to meet Mr. Asphalt, its a good idea to dress like you will.

Here is a place you might want to browse around some, especially the "what I was wearing when I went down" section... Fox Creek Leather - Motorcycle Jackets, Chaps, Vests, & Gloves

Regards,

Doc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom