Moto GP/4th of July weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazrox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone planning to go to Monterey this weekend, with the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca? I was warned about the traffic. What do you all think?

I'm considering heading down early Fri morning (ie getting to the site between 6-7am) but have yet to find a buddy (posting a thread in a few min).

I usually go to MotoGP but skipping it this year. Traffic is pretty bad in/around Laguna but it doesn't tend to get bad in/around Monterey proper until the races finish around 3-4pm.

I'll probably go down either Friday the 3rd or Saturday the 4th. I usually get there around 9am. I won't be able to get there at 6-7am.

I know a group going down sat to dive lovers3 and I'll be down on sunday for some boat diving on the Sanctuary.

I was there last year and it wasnt too bad. The early morning dive schedule is not compatible with moto partying so traffic was light.

MotoGP here I come!
W WINDS 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL 2 FT OR LESS. PATCHY FOG.

So no more 4th of July plans?

Traffic on the way to Monterey was light this morning, but it looked pretty heavy in the afternoon.

So no more 4th of July plans?

Traffic on the way to Monterey was light this morning, but it looked pretty heavy in the afternoon.
How was the vis? Hoping to go on the 5th at this point

Yesterday's 20ft vis at BW was much better than last week's 5ft at McAbee. Are you planning to dive Monastery again? I'll be stuck at work on Sunday, so have fun and good luck with the afternoon traffic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom