Mother's Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I want to post a few pics I took last Sunday. Lynne and I had a chance to spend a day on the water on the Block Party. The first pic is a friendly green moray who was kind enough to pose for me. Third reef about a mile south of Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

---Bob

Moray.jpg

The second pic is a spotfin hovering over some iridescent tube sponges. Puffer fish and damsel fish in the background.

---Bob

Spotfin.jpg

The third pic is a green moray. Note the juvie spotted drum in the foreground. I think he was hanging out for protection. Will you be my bodyguard?

---Bob

MorayDrum1.jpg

The fourth pic is of dive buddy Jeff on the ascent. One of my best sunburst shots if I can say so.

---Bob

Jeffrey.jpg

really really nice! What did you do to bump up the colors?

Marvelous photos, especially the one with the butterfly and sponges. The colors are gorgeous, and there is a lot going on in that picture. Until I started frequenting this bulletin board, I never realized that such a great marine environment existed off Ft. Lauderdale and WPB.

catherine96821:
really really nice! What did you do to bump up the colors?

Catherine: I shot in camera raw on my 20D and did some minor color correction in the CS2 camera raw converter (ACR). Actually the color was not that bad using the automatic white balance setting on my camera. In Photoshop I copied the background layer and changed the blend mode to multiply. The original exposure was a little on the bright side so this darkened the image, boosted color satruation and created a nice contrast. I adjusted the opacity of the multiply layer and masked areas I wanted "as shot" to what I thought was a pleasant image. Final adjustments were some backscatter removal and sharpening.

David: I have been diving S. Florida for almost 30 years. Sure we have the vis problems that come with nutrients in the water due to runoff and outfall, but still have active reefs and huge fish, sponge, and soft coral populations. It is not Cozumel, but very enjoyable diving. I have not gotten tired of my own backyard. You are right, the first impression many folks have is "this is S. Florida, there can't be any diving here ... gotta go to the keys, islands etc.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom