Mother of all viewfinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f3nikon

Reaction score
Anyone have any data on this?

http://www.parkcameras.com/digitalcameras/zigview_digital_angle_finder.htm

It will not only enlarge the image for edge to edge viewing on a DSLR or SLR, but also forces the UW photographer to shoot in a upward angle!

If this viewfinder works out this will be one less handicap of a UW DSLR system, the small viewfinder. Guess I'll have to extent the viewport cover of the Nikon D50 housing that I am working on.

I haven't seen this before. Looks interesting enough. But to have to carve a hole in the back of your housing to install it sounds challenging.

There was some talk about this viewfinder on wetpixel a few months back. A couple of problem, no housing will support it yet. For now, if you want bigger viewfinder than what your camera has, you pretty much have to stick with Seacam, Subal or Sealux and get their optional viewfinder magnifier (expensive). Ikelite is supposedly working on something similar.
The other concerned is the resolution of TFT screen. I doubt that it is good enough if you want to use manual focus for extreme macro shooting.

f3nikon:
Anyone have any data on this?

http://www.parkcameras.com/digitalcameras/zigview_digital_angle_finder.htm

It will not only enlarge the image for edge to edge viewing on a DSLR or SLR, but also forces the UW photographer to shoot in a upward angle!

If this viewfinder works out this will be one less handicap of a UW DSLR system, the small viewfinder. Guess I'll have to extent the viewport cover of the Nikon D50 housing that I am working on.

Of having an SLR if the view is TFT, or in other words some type of digital viewfinder... seems kinda useless unless it is THAT good, and from my experience, they NEVER are..

I'll ENJOY they day where have to deal with the problem of using an SLR underwater :D

JDog:
I haven't seen this before. Looks interesting enough. But to have to carve a hole in the back of your housing to install it sounds challenging.

Yes it is challenging, the older Ikelite housings maybe the way to go on this because some of their housings have a removable viewport. Which my guess can be modified to hold the viewfinder.

Dive Safe

RonFrank:
Hey NikonF3, It would be interesting to actually SEE some of your work...

Hey Ron Patience is a virtue, and besides your guys are doing such a good job on your UW pictures I would be just wasting my time. :D

I did post some news ones at the other site but I am afraid it lacks water! Good shooting

Dive Safe

Al

ssra30:
There was some talk about this viewfinder on wetpixel a few months back. A couple of problem, no housing will support it yet. For now, if you want bigger viewfinder than what your camera has, you pretty much have to stick with Seacam, Subal or Sealux and get their optional viewfinder magnifier (expensive). Ikelite is supposedly working on something similar.
The other concerned is the resolution of TFT screen. I doubt that it is good enough if you want to use manual focus for extreme macro shooting.

Good point ssra30 this viewfinder cannot match the great viewing of your D2x.

Dive Safe
Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom