Most Unique Caribbean Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only dived in Belize as far as the Caribbean goes. But the Elbow of Turneffe Atholl here has as many, or more fish (fish per unit of measure) as anywhere I've ever seen. Maybe more. There are days when it's unbelievable. 1000 Cubera snappers, 200 dog snappers, 100 or so permit, 50 horse eye jacks and some mutton snappers hanging around. Not to mention trigger fish and groupers. All at the same time.
I've been to Tubbataha and Sipadan as comparisons.

Hi ya'll, thanks again for your insights. Has anyone had any experience with San Andreas or Providencia off the coast of Nicaragua or Islas Del Cisne/Swan Islands off of Honduras? They seem relatively remote and under-dived but maybe that is for a reason...

Awesome! Thanks so much diversteve! : )

Thanks everyone! Some good ideas! Previously, Belize was at the top of the producers’ list. To that I had so far raised the possibility of Montserrat because it has reefs shaped by volcanoes (and an active one to visit during the land component), and from July to October there are lots of turtles laying eggs that would be great to follow into the water. As well was Grenada with its marine park sculptures, the ‘car pile’ wreck that seemed neat alongside the more serious Bianca C, and I had heard that Grenada has a pretty unexplored North Eastern area. Honduras might have some whale sharks in October, and i hear that the ‘hell hole’ there is an under-visited dive site. Oh, and Martinique’s ‘Diamond Rock’ you can dive fully under an island from one end to another. I’ll have a look into your suggestions and raise them with the producers.

Thanks again! : )

I visited Montserrat in June and while the reefs and the island are absolutely beautiful and pristine there are no reefs near where the volcano destruction is. If you need any info or advice on Montserrat please feel free to PM me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom