Most Unique Caribbean Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for suggestions as to unique, uncommon dives in the caribbean. Time and money aren't too much of an object as it is for a television show currently in production that follows a set of highly-trained scuba divers traveling the world in search of unique underwater adventures; so no need to worry about 'resort friendly' etc. There is an episode set for the Caribbean, but it is such a dive saturated area it is turning out to be a bit tough to find real 'off the beaten path' possibilities. I'd love to hear, and would be really appreciative, of any suggestions!

Thanks! : )

oh, and i should mention that the shoot is set for next month (late of Oct/ early Nov) so seasonal elements are certainly welcomed! : )

Two on my list: Superman's Flight off St. Lucia and the Bianca C. off Grenada.

Has anyone ever shot Tiger Beach for broadcast?

Last edited:
Have any shows done Saba yet? I'm thinking those underwater pinnacles I've read about might be interesting. Supposed to be nice in a 'rustic' sense topside, too. Might be worth a look.

Richard.

My first thought was Saba - pinnacles, gingerbread houses, a medical school and a road that was supposed to be impossible to build, not to mention the airplane landing/takeoff - talk about drama. From there you could jump to Statia to look for beads.

Coming from the Great White North what about Cuba? People (like me) are captivated by Cuba because we can't go there! Fidel is laying some people off, so you could help contribute to the economic recovery of the island.

Windjammer is good, though OP doesn't mention if he is looking for rec or tech sites, only that production follows a 'set of highly-trained scuba divers...' Windjammer is certainly uncommon for the typical Joe Diver.

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for suggestions as to unique, uncommon dives in the caribbean. Time and money aren't too much of an object as it is for a television show currently in production that follows a set of highly-trained scuba divers traveling the world in search of unique underwater adventures; so no need to worry about 'resort friendly' etc. There is an episode set for the Caribbean, but it is such a dive saturated area it is turning out to be a bit tough to find real 'off the beaten path' possibilities. I'd love to hear, and would be really appreciative, of any suggestions!

Thanks! : )

In answer to this question:

Saba and Tobago are the only two destinations that I think would fall under the unique and/or uncommon category.

Lots of great dive locations, resorts, etc - but not unique/different!

Thanks everyone! Some good ideas! Previously, Belize was at the top of the producers’ list. To that I had so far raised the possibility of Montserrat because it has reefs shaped by volcanoes (and an active one to visit during the land component), and from July to October there are lots of turtles laying eggs that would be great to follow into the water. As well was Grenada with its marine park sculptures, the ‘car pile’ wreck that seemed neat alongside the more serious Bianca C, and I had heard that Grenada has a pretty unexplored North Eastern area. Honduras might have some whale sharks in October, and i hear that the ‘hell hole’ there is an under-visited dive site. Oh, and Martinique’s ‘Diamond Rock’ you can dive fully under an island from one end to another. I’ll have a look into your suggestions and raise them with the producers.

Thanks again! : )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom