Morro Bay 12/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
From two days in Morro Bay this week:

trilineata1.jpg

trilineatahermi.jpg

fringe17.jpg

fringe1.jpg

crab1-1.jpg

hermisiphon.jpg

MorroBay12-12-06_155.jpg

MorroBay12-12-06_027.jpg

Nice shots, Ken. Great close-up on the (Fringehead?) Is that second Nudi a Hermissinda Crassicornis?

Thanks mucho Larry. The first nudibranch is Coryphella trilineata (pretty unusual in Morro Bay), the other is good old Hermissenda crassicornis. The fringehead is a "one-spot fringehead" Neoclinus uninotatus. It was a good couple of days in Morro Bay, but the surf was really pounding outside and that makes for some dirty water inside. But it was enough viz to see the little stuff.

Wonderful shots Ken, that blenny? has loads of personality in the 3rd shot.
Love the way in which he seems to be swaying in the current.

Nice portrait of the seagull also, like how you underexposed the background a little and used fill flash? for the foreground..

Very nice shots, Ken. The fringehead is cool and my favorite is #6 with what looks like an anemone behind the nudi. Curious if either of the nudis in #2 is out to make lunch out of the other one. How did they interact?

Thanks Jam. That's exactly how I did the seagull, with fill flash. He had an injured wing and was pretty cooperative.

Thank you also nick. In #6 that's a horseneck clam siphon (intake side). These nudibranchs recoiled when they touched each other and each one did a 180 to get away. Sometimes I have seen the same species interact when the come in contact but I don't think I have ever seen that with different species.

Very nice shots.

Would you try to get a little closer next time? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom