Morrison Spring...way down!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had a chance to go by Morrisons this past Sat. afternoon. Can anyone say OW students?

Anyway I wanted to comment on a few things.

One the water level is way, way down. The platform is at 10' now. Also the grim reaper sign is missing. The post for it is in the smaller cavern to the side but the actual sign is missing. And last, it looks like the smaller cavern is opening up some "holes" in there.

I didn't go into the cavern this dive due to my brother having ear problems and he couldn't descend to it. Overal we didn't enjoy this dive here that much and I wore my drysuit which I'm still cleaning out the sand from my exhaust valve!!!

Jeremy

We have been noticing the openings being vaccumed out in the upper cavern. I bet it has to do with the effects of flow due to the lower water levels. The reaper sign has been getting moved around. Not sure if it is being done by nature, or vandals. Vortex has been "cleaning house" so I think that some of the more troublesome people have been filtering over to Morrison. With water levels what they are, it wouldn't be too hard to freedive down to the sign, and have "fun" trying to knock it over into the hole. I am guessing the sign is old, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the wood gave way. More likely someone took it as a souvenir.

As for the weekend factor. Again, with Vortex actually getting rid of the people who get rowdy, they have to end up somewhere. And free is cheaper than 32 bucks a head. So more profit to the instructor/dive shop. Morrison is the place to go. Next visit, if it has to be on a weekend, go early, before 9, or late, after 5. It is much quieter then.

I didn't go to Morison this weekend but was there a week ago and the sign was in place. Can anyone confirm the sign it gone? If so, I'll grab one from the NACD and replace it.

Steve from ScubaTech said he was the one to place the original sign at Morrison, I wonder if the one we've seen is the one he put there?

I am stuck going to an appreciation dinner tomorrow night, maybe I will look for conformation Wednesday?

Well, whoever let me know. I'll try to get a sign donated and we can restore it.

I've been going to Morrison since 1968 and the sign has always been there. I also have a picture of a sign in the trees at the entrance. I think somewhere I have a picture of a sign at the entrance of the bottom hole. Signs are just signs. Is a sign really going to stop somebody from going in there?

Dove Morrison as a desalination dive after finishing my NAUI Master Scuba Diver checkout at PCB. (Had J.'s sister along, too, as she did her Advanced.) Morrison looked up another couple inches from the last time I was there (and well above where it was earlier this summer), but it's still low and crystal clear.

Wasn't the sign metal before? It looked new, and it's most definitely plastic now. It was on it's bucket-mounted post on the flat bottom near the mouth of the lower cavern (not up near the upper cavern where it's been at times). We didn't see the pretty multi-colored fish this time... anybody know if it's been absconded with or whether it was just moved and we missed it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom